We visit a warehouse store 4 times a year to stock up on bulk items. Often we pick up several large pork loins and cut them into 3 pieces each, cover them with freezer paper and save them in the freezer for later.
When I was learning to cook about 5 years ago I was that person who people delegated to bring paper products, drinks, ice, or the one thing that I could make which was homemade pizza. I wanted to make something that was tasty, easy, and looked like a masterpiece. This was the recipe. It was seriously so easy, and gave me instant credibility with my family and friends.
Now it is a great go-to on a busy night. I can put it in the oven on my way out the door to pick up a kid and it’s done by the time I get home. Also, like the other night, when my previous idea was a complete and epic fail, it was something easy to pull together just in nick of time for dinner.
- 1 pork loin (1.5 - 2 lbs)
- 2 tsp of each: garlic powder, oregano, rosemary, paprika
- 1/2 tsp of each: salt, pepper, red pepper
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- Cooking Spray
- Preheat the oven to 425
- In a small bowl mix all herbs.
- Spray pan or casserole dish with cooking spray.
- Place loin on pan and slather with olive oil.
- Rub herbs on oiled loin.
- Cook for 35-45 minutes or internal temperature is 145 degrees F.
- Allow the loin to rest for 10 minutes before cutting.