In a world where faster is always better, I tend to disagree. I’m more of a slow cooker, all day electric meat smoker kind of girl. However, in the middle of the week I’m always trying to figure out how to get a healthy beautiful meal on the table in record time with limited mess. Most weeknights find the girls running from activity to activity, me doing chores at home and at the farm, and the husband coming in late from working and ranching, but I have about a 30 minute window in which we can all eat together.
One of our favorite newer to us recipes is Baked Chicken Bruschetta. It combines our love of baked chicken, along with fresh ingredients and incredible flavor…. not to mention it takes 35 minutes start to finish and bakes all in one pan.
- 3 chicken breasts, butterflied
- 4 medium tomatoes (ripe), chopped
- 1/2 cup basil, julienned
- 2 Tbspn. garlic powder
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese shredded
- salt and pepper to taste
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 375
- Spray bottom of casserole pan with cooking spray
- Lay chicken breasts in the bottom of the pan.
- Season chicken breasts with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- In a bowl mix tomatoes, basil, and Parmesan thoroughly.
- Spread the tomato, basil, and cheese mixture over chicken.
- Cover with boil and bake for 25 minutes.
- Uncover and bake for 7 to 10 more minutes.
- Serve with roasted vegetables or over rice.
So put this recipe on your monthly dinner rotation, your family will thank you for it, as now I’ve learned to double the recipe so that there is actually some leftovers.