It’s 9:00pm at our house and the craving for something sweet it hitting in. B (my hubs) and I have been notorious for our sweet cravings after the kids are in bed. On occasion we have been busted by the girls for making something decadent and delicious after we thought that they were asleep. Once we started eating healthier this was something that we really missed. For a long time we would just ignore the cravings, drink some water and go to bed.
Where is the fun in that? So I researched and researched (aka Pinterest) to figure out what we could have. Most of the recipes were quite involved and took a lot of time, or ingredients that we just didn’t have or want to purchase ($$$). Enter the mug cake. Anna often would peruse Pinterest to find them to make for her and her girlfriends during sleepovers. So I decided to tweak it to our diet and PRESTO the Peanut Butter Cookie mug cake was born.
Not only are the ingredients something that pretty much everyone has in their house, but it also is rich, decadent, and filling. The best part? Ridiculously easy.
EVERYONE in our house loves this dessert and we have also made some modifications such as chocolate syrup drizzle, and including chocolate chips in the cake itself. Prep time is less than 5 minutes and cook time is a minute. Seriously. It doesn’t get easier than that! Give it a try, you honestly won’t be disappointed and you’ll love it like we do.
- 1/3 cup Almond Flour/Meal
- 1 egg
- Non-stick Olive Oil Spray
- 2 Tbsp all natural peanut butter
- 2 TbspSugar Free Cool Whip or Whipped Cream;
- Drizzle Sugar Free Chocolate Syrup
- Coat inside of coffee mug with non-stick spray.
- Add flour, egg, and peanut butter. Mix thoroughly.
- Place in microwave for 60 seconds.
- Take cup out of microwave and immediately tip upside down on a plate.
- Top with whipped topping and/or chocolate drizzle.